Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Less is more or more is less

When I was busy sewing last night, my darlings started a conversation with me. Usually I preferred working quietly, however, lately I have been so busy to cook and clean or even talk to the girls, therefore, I patiently answered all queries they had in their minds.

"Mama, can I sew and sell like what you do now?"

"No.

"Mama, can I have those laces you are using?"

"No."

"Mama, can I use these faux diamonds?"

"No."

"Mama, how many per style are you making?"

Finally, I thought it was something that deserved a long answer.

"Maybe two."

"Why Mama? Why so few?"

If repetitive orders come in, of course I will have to fulfill customers' requests. However, I am someone who is afraid of boredom. If for one night I need to sew 100 pcs in the same style, I think I will really go nuts. Therefore, some styles might really be of limited quantities, partly because of the availability of materials, and mainly due to my forever active mind.

New styles pop up in my head every now and then and I can hardly find time to nail them all down.

And even when I create the same piece, a second one is always somewhat different than the first. And since they are all handmade, each piece is always just as unique.

Just like people we know, children we have. Never should we attempt in comparing one another. As a mother of two, I have been asked through my decade long motherhood which child I favour more. There is no such thing as favouritism, even though it is a universal fact that parents seem not to be able to love all children "at one time."

Nonetheless, the love my girls receive from me is never too little, never too much, and no one receives more than the other.

When life sometimes does not seem too fair, just do what you are capable of doing: no need to overdo or under perform.

And we shall have no regrets in life.



The Clip-O-Darling Party
(From left to right: Airy Fairies, Love Bouquet, Victoria's Garden in BlueVictoria's Garden in Pink, Robin's Delight and Latte Love, selected items available now at Bonanza)

No comments:

Post a Comment