Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Bag Story





In the course of your life, so far, have you counted how many things have just simply gone missing all these years?

In some superstitious families, they believe your lost things are the mischief done by the house spirits.

I do not know if there is ever any spirit in my house. But one thing for sure, on and off my stuff goes MIA. 

Just when I was packing to return home from London, I discovered my complimentary red computer sleeve disappeared in thin air. My cousins, my sisters, my father, my auntie, my daughters all helped in searching for the missing red pouch. I emptied my luggages more than twice. The vibrant red silky bag was just not seen anywhere.

I did not really have any special sentiment towards the bag, but I felt lost because I did not have anything like that at home to give my favourite netbook a temporary home. 

I thus went to grab a really cheap padded sleeve for my peony netbook and I could tell instantly she loathed it.

That was when I started making this one of a kind computer sleeve. Fully lined with laced felting. I also gave it more than a few inner pockets for the knickknacks (i.e. rubbish) I just love carrying around.

When my husband saw how I laced the numerous pockets, sacrificing HBO time with him, he finally asked me WHY did I need that many pockets? I said, I just love bags...whether they are real handbags or just "little bags" inside the handbag! I ALWAYS, ALWAYS BAG FOR MORE!

Wasn't I happy when I finished hand-sewing and hand-stitching everything, occasionally poking my poor fingers again? I was ecstatic!!!! 

To celebrate the hardwork, I slipped in my red netbook, took out again, just to pretend that I was in a conference with some other prominent people who jealously eyed on this pouch that is not to be seen anywhere. 

I switched on my computer. No respond. Oh, battery out again. I plugged in the cable. Now the deadly blue screen!!

OK. Either it was too overjoyed that it fainted, or it was too overused that it died.

I could not quite accept the fact that I spent three days doing this for her, and she just didn't appreciate and turned me a blind eye!

Just when this computer was not working, the red pouch scarily crept out from between my wool sweaters in the luggage!

How bizarre can it be??!!

Argh.

This is life. 

And life is always full of unexpectedness. 

Grrr....


Laced felting computer sleeve/iPad case/envelop clutch available on Etsy soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment