Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My wedding - The Story of the Bridesmaids' Barrettes


When my family knew I had altogether eight bridesmaids, in one way or the other I was persuaded on many occasions to "think" if I needed them all.

Yes, I did! I do!

These eight ladies have been really wonderfully irreplaceable, some since, before birth (!), since childhood, since adolescence, since my depression, since every moment of my life! I must have them all!

They are why I am still here, being happy and feeling happy.

It took forever to decide on how to clothe them beautifully and elegantly. And I had thought I would have gotten all the time I needed to create something (handmade) for them as keepsakes.

However, much time was spent on embroidering my own wedding veil, that by the time I remembered making these ladies something nice, I only had two days left before the wedding.

I had decided to give up the idea, when my hair stylist said the other two assistants she helped hire could not come and do hair for my bridesmaids.

I needed "solutions"!!! I kept telling myself. OK, let's make these girls something to put on their hair should no one come and do their hair.

I looked at my collection of ribbons and faux gemstones, and quickly pulled out things that colour-matched the ladies' dresses.

And within one night, eight hair accessories were born.

And within another night, I successfully enlisted help from two professional hair and makeup stylists thanks to one of the bridesmaids' indirect connection.

So, who told me not to keep them all?

I love them all.









Thank you for being in my life, Catherine, Chris, Eva, Irene, Karin, Lisa, Tracy and Yvonne.


No comments:

Post a Comment