Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Wedding - The Story of the Flower Basket

Even though I had a list of things to do and to buy for my own wedding, I guess like every other bride, I did miss out something really important.

The night before the wedding when I was to pack and stay at the hotel, I realised I had completely forgotten about the flower basket for my flower girl!

Looking around my apartment for some "instant" materials, I spotted my needle basket. I emptied everything inside into a zip-lock and searched through my lace drawer and pulled out laces that had been there for so long...so long. I felt bad they had been neglected for that long. But I am so glad they resurfaced and became one of the witnesses to my wedding.


My twin sister, who wedded a few years before me, told me already that no one would actually remembered all the details of your wedding. Thus, in a way, some things could go unnoticed or even undone and it was absolutely not necessary to stress yourself out.

However, I still mananged to make the basket in a lightning speed of 15 minutes, stuffed it with the artificial rose petals and shoved away inside my luggage.

On the day of the wedding, the bridal team and the groomsmen were briefed about the procession, and when exactly my little flower girl would make me a rosey path when I marched in. Music was pre-recorded on my daughter's iPod Touch too.

Then the minute came. All rose up in the little Red Reading Room where I wedded. I marched in, no music. I looked down on the floor, no petals.

And then I remembered another dear bridesmaid who told me a day before her wedding (when I was her bridesmaid who helped make sure every little thing was perfect.) She said, "A perfect wedding is made up of imperfect details here and there. They are what make your wedding memorable."

She's right.


The flower basket I created in a lightning speed before dashing to the hotel on the eve of my wedding day.

My very beautiful flower girl and her little basket still filled with the rose petals :-D
Photo by Stella C.

No comments:

Post a Comment