Sunday, January 23, 2011

Life is sew perfect

My father has been in the textile business for half a century and he cannot understand why someone would prefer everything handmade, scarce quantity, and such hardwork. He has on several occasions offered to take me to visit factories which can mass produce.

Have you ever stitched or sewn? There is this special sound when a needle, pulling its colourful thread, gets through any kind of fabrics. That is very soothing. It gives my restless mind many moments of peace and tranquility. 

Sewing mends the soul. And I am sew in love with it. 

Besides, when I have someone else to do for me, that leaves me abundance of time, right? Then, does that mean tons of housework, endless chores all by myself???

Hm...Noooo........

I prefer to sew, stitch and lace everything myself. And the best part of it, is to raise my voice to announce to my husband and two darlings: HANG THE LAUNDRY, you people! Can't you tell I am busy???  



When I work with my hands, life is just sew perfect!






No comments:

Post a Comment